February 11, 2012

Pizza Rice?!


So - I always have some type of combination food in my fridge - I usually make enough for a week at a time. This past week I made some rice - I first sauteed the rice, some mustard seeds, garlic, 1/2 onion, and italian herbs until it becomes very fragrant. Then, just like rice, you cook it in water & I add some navy beans to it as well. I add at least 1-2 cut tomatoes as well, but not too much.  Then I just put it in some tupperware & save it for when I need to eat.

Today, I sauteed some 1/2 an onion, about 10 sliced mushrooms, and 1/2 red pepper. Then once they were soft & starting to caramelize, I thew in about 1/2 c. of the rice mixture - made sure everything was cooked well & hot & then added a little salt - put it in a bowl & OH EM GEE! Tasted just like pizza!

Now the proportions might be a little off - but hopefully, I can recreate this again! :) Suuuuper yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment